I abide by the Code of Conduct of the various professional bodies with whom my qualifications are recognised.
Respect for client safety, comfort and welfare is my paramount concern. This means that it is my sole responsibility to:
- Obtain explicit consent from my clients (or their legal guardian) for each treatment and not to mislead them for personal gain
- Keep all client records confidential and in a secure location
- Ensure adequate hygiene, quality of materials and safety of equipment used
- Only offer treatments for which I am properly qualified and insured
- Respect the professional boundaries that exist between therapist and client
- Ask questions that will discover any contraindications to treatment
- Locate, advertise, dress and behave to a professional standard
- Have professional indemnity and public liability insurance and be properly insured for all services offered and products sold
- Treat all other health professionals with the utmost respect
- Keep myself informed of developments in the therapies I offer and continue to develop my expertise
I am not a medical practitioner and do not diagnose or claim to cure medical conditions. My commitment to you is that I will give you the best treatment I can. Where necessary I will recommend referral to other health professionals if I believe it is in your best interests.