Therapists Name: Cheryl Brickell
Address: Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7UY
Telephone: 01628 639351 / 07901 576846
This website and its owner take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience.
Cookies are small files with a small amount of data, for example an anonymous unique identifier. They are saved to your computer hard drive to track, save and store information about your interactions and usage of the website to improve your customer experience.
They DO NOT collect or store sensitive personal information.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computer hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies when browsing online. Visit AboutCookies.org for more information about cookies.
The purpose of processing client data
Lawful basis for holding and using client information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists and member of the Complementary Therapists Association I abide by their Code of Practice and Ethics.
The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests i.e. my requirement to retain the information in order to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner and provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice.
What information I hold and what I do with it.
I collect information about you when you use this website, for example when you:
- use my contact form to enquire about my services
- sign up for my newsletter
- register and pay for one of my classes
The personal information I collect might include for example: Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and any potentially sensitive health information you may share.
When you come to see me I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this information for informing treatments and any recommendations I give as a result of your treatment. The information held is:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information (which I will take from you at your first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (which I take after each consultation)
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (unless required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
How long I retain your information
I will keep your information for the following periods:
- ‘claims occurring insurance’ (records to be kept for 7 years after last treatment)
- law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when last treated, then 26)
- law regarding pregnancy (records to be kept until the child is 20)
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
This website (www.relaxintohealth.co.uk) holds an SSL certificate with GeoTrust – powered by DigiCert. E-mails sent from this site are encrypted and received on my password protected and fully encrypted computer.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure contact form to make enquiries, users contacting me through this website do so at their own discretion, and provide any such personal details requested at their own will.
You can be assured your personal information is encrypted and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).
This website uses any information submitted to provide you with further information about the services offered or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- appointment times
- information relating to your health
- special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time)
This website operates an e-mail newsletter to inform subscribers about health and well-being and products/services supplied by Relax Into Health. Users wishing to subscribe do so via a GDPR compliant double Opt-in form found at the bottom of each page. Users are reminded they do so at their own discretion.
All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owner are launched via MailChimp and contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no means a comprehensive list].
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to Google or BBC).
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the content of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owner participates on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
This website nor its owner will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question.
Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion, and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you. N.B. See Therapists Rights.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Relax Into Health on 01628 639351. If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
- if you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period, as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
Resources & Further Information
- General Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Last updated: May 2018 – by Relax Into Health, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7UY